Discover how quick and easy it can be to make your own fresh pasta at home with Chef Brodie from Savoy Culinary. Participants will learn his classic pasta dough recipe, the basis of a wide variety of different types of pastas.
Pastas and dishes that will be demonstrated (and enjoyed!) include:
Lobster Stuffed Tortellini in Tomato Broth
Wild Mushroom Pappardelle
Basil Fettuccine with Chili, Oil & Reggiano
Brodie will be covering:
– The differences between pasta varieties, what sauces suit them best, and why.
– The basic ratios for making fresh pasta.
– Understanding the properties of a good dough.
– Cutting, shaping and cooking fresh pasta.
– Secrets from Italy and some advanced techniques for impressing friends and family.
Also! Go home with a serving of handmade ravioli's & Brodie's secret (and delicious!) tomato sauce.
**Class is BYOB** Bring a bottle, we'll supply the glasses! Each guest goes home with recipes for each dish.
Location: reFIND Studio - 58 Mill St. West Elora (directly across from our retail store)