Summer: We love it, but it can be mercilessly hot and humid — and the thought of slathering on a layer of thick, occlusive moisturizer on a 30-degree day is enough to make us break out into a sweat. But despite the influx of sweaty face days, your skin can still become dry and it still needs that moisture on the reg. But it's never too hot for hydration! Join us in the studio to make a lightweight, whipped moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated, glowing, and feeling fresh throughout the stickiest of summer days.
Best part? We'll be serving up our cool & crisp loaded lemonade too!
Your workshop includes:
- instruction on use of carrier oils, plant-based butters, essential oil profiles & natural preservatives to keep your lotion fresh
- a step-by-step demonstration on proper methods to emulsify & manufacture lotion
- all ingredients including a selection of skin loving ingredients to create your own custom lotion based on your skins needs - choose from almond, coconut, avocado, olive, sunflower oils, cocoa and shea butter, emulsifying waxes, natural extracts and over 20 different essential oils to blend
- a handout that will provide our recipe, resources for purchasing raw ingredients and packaging
- a glass of our sparkling loaded lemonade to sip throughout the class (other beverages and light snacks available also)
- 250g of your handmade lotion to take home in our stylish aluminum screw-top tin (+ a handmade label!)
NOTE: Our studio space is BYOB! Feel free to bring along a bevvie of your choice - we'll supply the glasses!
Location: reFIND Studio - 58 Mill St. West Elora (the bright yellow building directly across from our retail store & steps from the new Elora Mill).